Monday, February 23, 2009

Sustainablity in our Society











1)What does it mean to live sustainably?

-Well first i would like to know what sustainable means.

-to support, hold, or bear up from below; bear the weight of, as a structure.

Now that we figured out what it means i would like to touch on that a little. I think tha living sustainably can very in many different ways. To me I think to livve sustainable is to live happy. Having a good home to live in. Also to have food, clothes, etc. Another big thing that i would considered to have sustainable living is to trake care of the environment around us;recycle, reuse, stop driving, etc.


2)How much freedom and independence do you have as a 14-16 year old in our society?

-Well, I have to say as a 14 year old myself that I do get freedom but not a lot. Just because I am so young Then my parents think that i am under peer pressure. Also they think that "bad" things can happen to me. But also this answer can very in many different ways. It all depends on their parents. Some parenst are very strict and let the kids do little things without them being there while other parents are more open and let their kids have more freedom.


3)As a 14-16 year old, how can you currently live your life more sustainably?

-As a 14 year old you kan do many different things like riding bikes instead of having our parents take us everywhere, doing thing the day theu are assigned instead of waiting to the last minute and building up stress, etc. Another big thing that you could do is put things in the right bens, turn off your straightners, and taking shorter showers. All these little things can help us live our life more sustainably.

No comments:

Post a Comment